Songwriting with Marius Marais
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 21, 2018
No matter how long you’ve been playing, there is always room to learn a little more. If you want to improve your keyboard and synth playing and learn at the feet of a keyboard player who’s been touring since the 70s, then this is the workshop for you.
Marius Marais will be presenting this unique synth and keyboard workshop in conjunction with Ministry Month 2018. During the workshop, Marius will give you his take on the different uses for keyboards and synthersizers.
Where: Jean Village Music
When: 2 June 2018
Time: 10 am
What to expect
- Different aspects of keyboards vs synth
- What would be best to choose
- The minimum requirements needed for each
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
More about the clinician
Marius started his career in the 70’s touring the country with a variety of Afrikaans like Sias Reynecke. From there he went on to play for Dad’s Army, Streetalk, Wendy Oldfield Band and a host of others.
He has been able to take his music on the road and has toured in places like New Orleans, Miami, Florida, Frankfurt and London. After returning home, he joined forces with Mean Mr Mustard before deciding to resigned due to business-related matters.
Marius’s main focus at the moment is working as a session and freelance musician.
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …