Careers at Bothners
JOIN OUR B(R)AND
If we have any current vacancies, this is where they’ll be posted!
Do you have a background as a musician, some marketing experience, and would like to work in a high-pressure yet casual environment, where no two days are the same? This might be the job for you!
We are a national musical instrument wholesaler and retailer based in Southern Suburbs, Cape Town, looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning, implementation and execution of traditional, digital, and in-store marketing initiatives in the retail and wholesale divisions. This is a mid-level position, with some skills and previous experience required.
- Quick learner
- Pro-active and self-disciplined
- Detail and deadline-oriented
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a marketing/communications role
- A marketing or related degree/diploma is essential
- A real working knowledge of musical instruments
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Computer literate with solid competency in MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including spelling & grammar!)
- Some hands-on experience of copywriting and writing of agency briefs beneficial
- Broad online & social media marketing experience
- Experience in website updates, content sourcing and content creation
- Coordinating and managing projects end-to-end
- Presentations and engagement with management and stakeholders
- Managing multiple work streams
- Event management experience
- Valid drivers licence
- Being an active musician will be a big plus
- Assist with marketing campaigns and projects, and facilitate their success
- Gather and analyse data to support marketing and sales efforts
- Oversee the development of all branding material
- Prepare and facilitate internal marketing communication with all stakeholders (wholesale and retail)
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers
- Coordinating and executing marketing activities, communications and projects (across email, social media, web, events, CRM & databases)
- Compiling timelines and managing budgets for marketing activities
- Compiling regular feedback & reports on marketing activities
- B2B and B2C communications (product marketing, press releases, etc.)
- Coordinating events and workshops
- Artist and industry partner liaison
- Various marketing administration duties
Think you’d be a good fit?
Fill in the form below to take the next step…
Get in touch
If you don’t see any roles that you’re interested in, please email us your CV and tell us why you would like to work at Paul Bothner Music.