Careers at Bothners
JOIN OUR B(R)AND
If we have any positions open, here’s where you’ll find them!
We’re always on the lookout for professional, service-oriented salespeople with a background in musical instruments and equipment, so feel free to get in touch below.
Digital & E-Commerce Content Manager
Are you a content manager with a musical background who would like to work in a high-pressure, yet casual environment, where no two days are the same? This might be the job for you!
We are an established, Cape Town-based musical instrument and equipment retailer and we’re looking for someone very special! The successful applicant will be an experienced online content manager with good first-hand knowledge of musical instruments.
E-Commerce Duties & Capabilities
- Curation and development of all product descriptions and images, categorization, cross-sells, and attributions
- Compiling and managing load sheets
- Maintenance of on-site banners, search and navigation taxonomy, landing pages and product categories
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel proficient)
- Basic skills in HTML, CMS platforms, as well as image editing tools
- Experience with web-based content management systems
- Good understanding of Google analytics
- Quickly and comfortably learns new software applications and processes
Content Management Duties & Capabilities
- Manage quality and quantity of website editorial & social content
- Manage processes and flow of publishing
- Creation and implementation of a content calendar for web and social platforms
- Work with analytics to obtain community insights and trends, to develop strategic content
- Come up with and pitch content ideas
- Be able to refresh content in order to stay relevant
- Liaise and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with writing marketing/PR copy
- Assist with marketing/PR activities as required
- Good understanding of Google analytics, social analytics
- Understanding social media platforms and back-end – Facebook and Instagram
- Research and social media skills
- Good understanding of consumer newsletters
- An eye for creative, aesthetically pleasing layouts plus the skills to create them
- Strong English writing and editing/sub-editing skills
- Sound knowledge of editorial principles
- Fluent in English and highly articulate, with strong written and verbal communication skills, for example demonstrated through reporting and presentations in a business context
Capabilities & Requirements
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Extreme attention to detail is a must for this position
- Accuracy, attention to detail and production of quality content
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Persistent nature and consistency in work approach, standards and methodology
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignment
- Ability to work independently but as part of a team, taking direction from line manager
- Must be flexible and have the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- An even temperament and ability to work under pressure, and deal with diverse personalities and situations
- Knowledge of musical instruments and local music scene
- Must live in the Cape Town area and have own transport
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. Interested? Fill in the form below and we’ll be in contact if you match our criteria.
Get in touch
If you don’t see any roles that you’re interested in, please email us your CV and tell us why you would like to work at Paul Bothner Music.