Ministry Month: PA System Care & Maintenance
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 15, 2018
Join Paul Bothner Music in conjunction with Mackie South Africa for the second in a three-part series aimed at House of Worship sound engineers.
Cameron and Chris, the Paul Bothner Music N1 City sound reinforcement experts, will be presenting this FREE Ministry Month workshop. So if you or someone you know could use a few PA system care and maintenance tips, this is the perfect workshop.
Where: Paul Bothner Music N1 City
Shop 71, N1 Value Centre
When: 23 May 2018
Time: 6:30 pm
The objective of this workshop is to equip the average, part-time sound engineer with the basic knowledge to properly operate and tackle the common problems which face the majority of sound reinforcement systems.
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
What to Expect
A no jargon, fit for purpose, easy to understand approach and presentation
As a sound engineer, there are a lot of simple steps you can take to ensure that certain things don’t go wrong. However, sometimes things can go wrong even if you’ve taken every precaution.
During this workshop our trained, experienced experts will go through practical steps you can implement to ensure the longevity of your gear. In addition, we will provide you with the steps to take once thing goes wrong.
More specifically we will look at:
- Equipment, cable care and maintenance
- How to correctly store equipment, roll and store your cables.
- How to avoid damaging instruments and equipment and what to do if one does get damaged.
- How to avoid blown speakers and amplifiers.
- How and why they get damaged in the first place, and what you can do to avoid it.
- Tips for novice sound engineers
- Open Questions from the audience.
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …