Band Profile: Taxi Violence
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | February 4, 2016
Taxi Violence is a South African rock band from Cape Town. The band have travelled a long and independent road to proving themselves as one of the best live acts in South Africa. Their sound can be described as blues-infused, retro rock with a pinch of sleaze and bourbon.
The group consists of George van der Spy (vocals), Jason Ling (bass), Louis Nel (drums), Rian Zietsman (Guitars)and Loedi van Renen (guitar/bass).
They have released five studio albums: Untie Yourself (2006), The Turn (2009), Unplugged: Long Way From Home (2011), Soul Shake (2013), and Tenfold (2014).
They are influenced by bands such as: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam
They have toured extensively throughout South Africa and also toured Europe in 2009. The Group have headlined many festivals including Oppikoppi, Ramfest, Rocking the Daisies, Synergy Live and Up the Creek. Taxi Violence have shared the stage with the likes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Billy Talent, Powder finger, Seether and at My Coke Fest 2007, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Staind and Evanescence.
If you want to follow the band, be sure to check out their Facebook page
Your Music Industry News!
- If you’ve heard of Djent, then you have undoubtedly heard of Misha Mansoor, from the …Read More »
- It is once again time for the annual Wacken Metal Battle. The most intense and …Read More »
- You are invited to attend a FREE vocal workshop hosted by the Cape Town Big …Read More »
- It’s once again time for the annual Quay 4 Battle of the Bands, powered by …Read More »
- . Here we have a few EXAMPLES of our Long Weekend Legends Deals!* What better way …Read More »