Band Profile: Taxi Violence
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | February 4, 2016
Taxi Violence is a South African rock band from Cape Town. The band have travelled a long and independent road to proving themselves as one of the best live acts in South Africa. Their sound can be described as blues-infused, retro rock with a pinch of sleaze and bourbon.
The group consists of George van der Spy (vocals), Jason Ling (bass), Louis Nel (drums), Rian Zietsman (Guitars)and Loedi van Renen (guitar/bass).
They have released five studio albums: Untie Yourself (2006), The Turn (2009), Unplugged: Long Way From Home (2011), Soul Shake (2013), and Tenfold (2014).
They are influenced by bands such as: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam
They have toured extensively throughout South Africa and also toured Europe in 2009. The Group have headlined many festivals including Oppikoppi, Ramfest, Rocking the Daisies, Synergy Live and Up the Creek. Taxi Violence have shared the stage with the likes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Billy Talent, Powder finger, Seether and at My Coke Fest 2007, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Staind and Evanescence.
If you want to follow the band, be sure to check out their Facebook page
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »