Band Profile: Taxi Violence
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | February 4, 2016
Taxi Violence is a South African rock band from Cape Town. The band have travelled a long and independent road to proving themselves as one of the best live acts in South Africa. Their sound can be described as blues-infused, retro rock with a pinch of sleaze and bourbon.
The group consists of George van der Spy (vocals), Jason Ling (bass), Louis Nel (drums), Rian Zietsman (Guitars)and Loedi van Renen (guitar/bass).
They have released five studio albums: Untie Yourself (2006), The Turn (2009), Unplugged: Long Way From Home (2011), Soul Shake (2013), and Tenfold (2014).
They are influenced by bands such as: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam
They have toured extensively throughout South Africa and also toured Europe in 2009. The Group have headlined many festivals including Oppikoppi, Ramfest, Rocking the Daisies, Synergy Live and Up the Creek. Taxi Violence have shared the stage with the likes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Billy Talent, Powder finger, Seether and at My Coke Fest 2007, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Staind and Evanescence.
If you want to follow the band, be sure to check out their Facebook page
Your Music Industry News!
- Fender has just announced the newest guitar range to join the Fender family. The all …Read More »
- We are living in the age of smartphones. They have replaced portable game devices, palm …Read More »
- Does music education affect your child’s ability to learn? The short answer is a simple …Read More »
- Make music your New Years Resolution! 2016 is a year that will go down in …Read More »
- Are you looking for something specific? A guitar in a particular colour or a double …Read More »