Gretsch G5420TG Electromatic Hollowbody Electric Guitar
The Gretsch G5420TG Electromatic is a stunning hollowbody instrument, tipping its hat to the legendary singlecut Gretsch guitars of old. This Limited Edition model closely resembles the flagship White Falcon guitar, with its classy white/gold colour sheme.
Featuring a premium hollowbody construction, the G5420TG has a beautifully resonant tone that screams classic Gretsch. Powered by a pair of Black Top Filter’Trons, these vintage-voiced pickups ensure an authentic sound that’ll truly take you back in time!
Choose a location below to ship from:
- SHIP FROM WAREHOUSE: 5 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Plumstead store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, N1 City Value Centre store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Claremont store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Table View store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, Centurion store: 1 in stock
The Gretsch G5420TG features an all-Maple construction, ensuring an incredibly bright and vibrant sound that’ll sing in a band mix. With its large hollowbody design, this guitar projects plenty of volume even when unplugged, which is translated beautifully through an amplifier too.
The Maple neck has a comfortable standard “U” profile that offers excellent support for your thumb when fretting chords, with the elegant Rosewood fretboard feeling silky smooth under the fingers.
Hardware & Electronics
Many Gretsch guitars feature traditional Bigsby tremolos, and the G5420TG Electromatic is no exception. Fitted with a B60 tailpiece, this tremolo has a gloriously smooth action that’ll make gentle warbles sound natural and precise.
At the other end of the instrument, you’ll find a high-quality GraphTech NuBone nut. This particular nut is made of a synthetic material that closely resembles bone not just aesthetically, but also tonally. Ensuring optimal sustain and resonance, its low-friction material will allow the strings to glide smoothly over it when using the Bigsby, so that they return to pitch in the resting position.
That signature Gretsch tone is delivered flawlessly via the G5420TG Black Top Filter’Tron pickups. With clear and defined highs, a warm yet sizzling mid-range and focused lows, these pickups sing with both clean and overdriven settings.
Here’s what Gretsch says about the G5420TG Limited Edition:
No nonsense, Electromatic hollow-body guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynamic and articulate, and crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
Alive and resonant, the G5420TG has fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron™ voice that explodes with huge punch and clear, strong presence. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning. It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple, Gloss Finish
- Upper Bout: 11.625” (295 mm)
- Lower Bout: 16” (406 mm)
- Waist: 9.625” (245 mm)
- Neck: Maple, “U” Shape, Gloss Finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® NuBone™, 1.6875” (43 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™, Secured Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® Licensed B60 Vibrato Tailpiece
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Pickups: Blacktop™ Filter’Tron™ (Bridge)Blacktop™ Filter’Tron™ (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge AndNeck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume,Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges