Ninth Annual Edgemead Classical Guitar Competition
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | October 11, 2017
For the past eight years, Edgmead High School has been running the Edgemead Classical Guitar Competition. This is an open invitation for the ninth installment of this hugely successful event.
If you want to download the competition form click here: Guitar-Competition-Entry-2017.pdf (58 downloads)
When: 21 October 2017
Time: 13H30 for 14H00
Where: Edgmead High School
Letchworth Drive Edgemead
Cost: R60 per entry
More About the Edgemead Classical Guitar Competition
This is a one of kind event. This is one of the only events aimed at Primary School and High School classical guitarists. But, the Edgemead Classical Guitar Competition is more than just a competition. It’s a platform for young classical musicians to show off their talent.
Is is vital for musicians to get time on stage. It can help build confidence and additionally give the performer a taste for the stage. There are many places and events open to rock and jazz players under 18, but there are very few opportunities for the young solo classical musician to shine.
While the Edgemead Classical Guitar Competition is more than just a competition, it is still a competition. Each performer will receive a performance medal as a souvenir of the event.
The will be special medals awarded to the first, second and third place in each school grade category.
In addition, trophies will be awarded for best Primary and High School Guitarist, Best Primary Beginner, Best High School Beginner and Best Overall Performance.
We at Paul Bothner Music will also be giving away a free set of guitar strings to each group winners, as well as a floating trophy and a gift voucher to the best Overall Performance.
If you want to be kept up to date with other events like this, be sure to join our mailing list.
- The competition is only open to Primary and High School classical guitarists.
- Each participant must provide a copy of their music to the adjudicator before their performance.
- Performances will be judged on: Technique, Musicality, Performance and Sight Reading Ability.
- No repeats in effect, but all da Capo and dal Segno signs to be observed
- Primary school pieces no longer than 2 minutes. High school pieces no longer than 4 minutes
- The judge’s decision is final.
- We are looking for a hardworking, experienced, motivated end energetic retail branch manager, with proven track record to manage our Parklands Branch. The successful applicant …
- . Queen is, without a doubt, one of the most iconic bands of all time. Even people who don’t usually listen to rock music will …
- . Life as a musician can be expensive, which is why so many professional musicians seek sponsorships and alternative income streams. During this double-feature masterclass, …
- . Dexibell is a modern Italian company steeped in tradition, who strives to bring you the best sound quality of any product in its price …