Music Technology Workshop
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | March 10, 2017
The Cape Town International Jazz Festival is more than just Africa’s great gathering. A big part of the annual event is the music workshops that are hosted to coincide with the festival. You are invited to join the acclaimed bass player, Alistair Andrews for a music technology workshop.
Where: Cape Sun Hotel
When: 12:00 pm, Wednesday 29 March 2017
Please note that booking is essential, and that space is limited. If you have any questions on booking, please email natana(at)espafrika.com.
Alternatively, click [here] to make an online booking.
About the Music Technology Workshop
This workshop is aimed at exploring the latest trends and innovations in smart device technology. In addition, it aims to identify the benefit of these innovations to the modern day musician.
The workshop will be perfect all professionals in the industry who are looking to expand their tone and catch up with the latest trends.
The workshop also serves as an introduction into dynamic music education. The latest tech-savvy tools will be used and demonstrated for applications ranging from onstage performance to studio recording.
In addition to this Music Technology workshop, there will be an array of other workshops on offer.
Throughout February there was a range of Music and Career workshops hosted. These workshops were to school’s around the cape. The schools in attendance came from all backgrounds and locations. (From Mitchell’s Plain’s Cedar House to Groote Schuur Highschool from Newlands).
Besides the technology workshop and the Career workshop, there are workshops covering topics such as Arts Journalism and Master Classes.
One of the final events for the season will be the Arts Journalism public debate. The debate takes the format of a panel discussion with debates around the learning and teaching of jazz. Come through and learn about the contrasting idea’s that will be presented.
Your Music Industry News!
- OppiKoppi and Rocking the Daisies have decided to collaborate for the 2017 events. This year …Read More »
- Have you ever wondered whether you have what it takes to write a song that …Read More »
- It’s once again time for the annual Quay 4 Battle of the Bands, powered by …Read More »
- Known and respected for its world-class hospitality, The Franschhoek Cellar will now also offer patrons …Read More »
- It’s time for UCT to start hosting the SACM Concert Series 2017. Members of the …Read More »