Masterclass: Sponsorship for artists & events and what is retail radio
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | July 5, 2018
Life as a musician can be expensive, which is why so many professional musicians seek sponsorships and alternative income streams.
During this double-feature masterclass, you will learn everything you need to know to get sponsored, and you will learn how to leverage radio to your advantage. The masterclass will take place at Paul Bothner Music in Plumstead, with tickets ranging from R50 to R70.
Session 1) Sponsorship for artists & events with Darren Sandras from One Eyed Jack
- Creating a proposal to get sponsorship, key things to include, tips on design, who to target
- Negotiating fees
- Managing a campaign and deliverables
- Tips for reporting, meetings and contracts
- Case studies on great brand / artist collaborations
- Any PR related tips to amplify a partnership
Session 2) What is retail radio with Benito Vergotine
- What is retail radio?
- How artists can access this platform in South Africa
There will be plenty of time for Q&A’s at the end of each session.
Date: Saturday, 28 July 2018
Venue: Paul Bothner Music, Plumstead
Shop G7, Richmond Center, Main Road, Plumstead
Time: 10h30 to 12h45
Cost: R50.00 for tickets purchased online or R70.00 at the door
Enquiries: 021 761 4828 – Paul Bothner Music, Plumstead
- . When it comes to microphones, it is imperative that you select the right microphone for the job. Using the wrong mic is like using …
- . The 13th edition of Rocking the Daisies is just around the corner. To all our friends who are playing at or attending the festival, …
- . This workshop is aimed all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to improve their soloing chops. Do you feel at though your …
- . Since its launch, the Mapex Prodigy kit has become one of the most popular entry-level drum kits on the market – and for good …