Masterclass: Sponsorship for artists & events and what is retail radio
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | July 5, 2018
Life as a musician can be expensive, which is why so many professional musicians seek sponsorships and alternative income streams.
During this double-feature masterclass, you will learn everything you need to know to get sponsored, and you will learn how to leverage radio to your advantage. The masterclass will take place at Paul Bothner Music in Plumstead, with tickets ranging from R50 to R70.
Session 1) Sponsorship for artists & events with Darren Sandras from One Eyed Jack
- Creating a proposal to get sponsorship, key things to include, tips on design, who to target
- Negotiating fees
- Managing a campaign and deliverables
- Tips for reporting, meetings and contracts
- Case studies on great brand / artist collaborations
- Any PR related tips to amplify a partnership
Session 2) What is retail radio with Benito Vergotine
- What is retail radio?
- How artists can access this platform in South Africa
There will be plenty of time for Q&A’s at the end of each session.
Date: Saturday, 28 July 2018
Venue: Paul Bothner Music, Plumstead
Shop G7, Richmond Center, Main Road, Plumstead
Time: 10h30 to 12h45
Cost: R50.00 for tickets purchased online or R70.00 at the door
Enquiries: 021 761 4828 – Paul Bothner Music, Plumstead
- Regardless of what style of music you play, there will always be some overlap between genres. Quite often, if you want to improve one playing …
- FREE Bass Workshop with Schalk Joubert. The bass guitar is one of the most versatile instruments you can play. A solid bass player with a …
- Guitar Frenzy 2018 is here, and that can mean only one thing… It is time for the fourth annual Anything Goes Guitar Competition! Last year …
- We live in an age of technology and information. Nowadays, it’s easy to go online and to find tidbits of information as you need it. …