FREE WORKSHOP:Rudimentary Rudiment Incorporation
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | July 19, 2017
All drummers will learn the basic Rudiments, but do you know how to incorporate them into your beats? Maybe you should check out the Rudimentary Rudiment Incorporation Workshop presented by Charles Ashley Hartzenberg.
This workshop will focus on how to incorporate rudiments into your playing style and will look at the differences between electronic and acoustic drum kits.
Where: Jean Village Music Centurion
Shop 3 Jean Village Shopping Centre
Corner Jean Avenue & Gerhard Street
When: 29 July 2017
What to Expect
During this workshop, Charles will give you practical advice and tips to improve your drumming. Special focus will be put on stick work and beats. The workshop will cover things like:
Double Stroke Roll
Who Should Come
This workshop is perfect for any drummer who wants to add a bit more bite to their playing. Often a simple technique can be the force of change in your playing style.
So if you feel that you could, or another drummer you know could benefit from this workshop, then come on down and learn more about Rudimentary Rudiment Incorporation.
More About Charles
Charles Hartzenberg is a very well know gospel and jazz drummer with a career that spans over 3 decades.
He studied at the University of Cape Town with the likes of Jimmy Dludlu, Selealo Silota, Andre Petersen, Kesivan Naidoo and Wayne Bosch.
After studying at UCT, he also studied under the legendary drummers Kevin Gibson, Professor Micheal Chambell, Reny Mclean, Darell Andrews and Andrew Lilly.
He is currently playing with Afterdarc, Supernova, The Naledi King Band, Radical View, The Phil Collins Band and his own band called The Charles Hartzen band.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »