Mackie EM-91CU – USB Condenser Microphone
Based on the much-loved EM-91C Condenser mic, this USB version offers the same studio-worthy warmth and clarity you expect with the convenience of USB connectivity. No knobs, no buttons, just incredible sound without the fuss.
These are the locations you can ship from:
- SHIP FROM WAREHOUSE: 15 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Plumstead store: 4 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, N1 City Value Centre store: 2 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Claremont store: 2 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Table View store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Stellenbosch store: 2 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Somerset West store: 3 in stock
- GAUTENG, Centurion store: 1 in stock
- KWAZULU NATAL, Durban store: 2 in stock
- FREE STATE, Bloemfontein store: 1 in stock
- NORTHERN CAPE, Kimberley store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, West Rand .store: 3 in stock
If you need a USB mic for recording podcasts, streaming online, or tracking vocal parts, the Mackie EM-91CU offers a quality sound for just this purpose. It also delivers a reliable and rugged design at a reasonable price, making it both a suitable entry-level product and a solid choice to augment a podcaster’s existing collection.
With its cardioid polar pattern, the mic rejects sound coming from behind the capsule to tamp down on pesky room ambience; this is a plus for many people who podcast from their home. All the accoutrements you need to get started are included. Mount the mic in the supplied shockmount, plug the included USB cable to your computer, and you’re good to go. As a significant bonus to the entry-level engineer, the EM-91CU ships with a download for ProTools | First, Avid’s entry into their industry-standard editing/mixing software. Also included is a software bundle containing 23 high-quality plug-ins to get your recordings polished for broadcast.
Connects to Computers, Android, and iOS Devices
Get started right away, as this mic works directly with your computer. No separate interface or preamp is required.
Cardioid Polar Pattern for the Untreated Room
The microphone makes use of a directional cardioid polar pattern to minimize off-axis sound. This polar pattern naturally, yet effectively tamps down room tone and focuses the audio capture on what’s directly in front of the mic, so everyone can clearly hear your voice.
Broadcast-Quality Audio Capture
The mic records audio at sample rates and resolutions up to 16-bit / 48 kHz, giving you the broadcast standard for media playback.
Handy Hardware Included
With an included shockmount and USB cable, you can get up and running right away. Simply place the mic in the mount and run the USB cable from the mic into your computer.
- Microphone Type:Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Frequency Response:20Hz-17kHz
- A/D Resolution:16-bit/48kHz
- Max SPL:132dB SPL
- Output Impedance:100 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:78dB
- Self Noise:16dB A weighted
- Sensitivity:-34 dB (±3dB)
- Connector:USB Type B
- Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.11 or later
- Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Source:USB bus powered
- Dimensions:6.3″ x 1.7″
- Weight:0.46 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Shockmount, USB Cable