Yamaha A5R Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar – Vintage Natural
The A5M, traditional western body cutaway guitar, features all-solid rosewood back and sides with hand-selected sitka spruce top with Yamaha’s original A.R.E. wood-torrefaction technology. Natural, dynamic plugged-in tone from the SRT2 pickup system perfectly suit your performance on the stage and the made-in-Japan premium build quality will gratify advanced players’ desire.
Out of stock
A SERIES THE NEXT LEVEL
Designed to be the ideal performance acoustic guitar, the Yamaha A series is crafted from the ground up to be perfectly suited to life on the road. With natural, dynamic plugged-in tone and stage-ready simplicity from the new SRT2 pickup system; played-in comfort out of the box thanks to hand-rolled fingerboard edges on a straight taper neck; a custom designed scalloped bracing pattern for an all-new powerful, expressive acoustic tone and Yamaha’s legendary road-ready construction to make sure it’s ready when you are, night after night, the A series is the perfect guitar to take your playing to the next level.
High Comfort Neck Profile
Extensive research with players, luthiers and guitar techs has given A series the feel and playability that today’s acoustic-electric players want, whether switching from electric to acoustic on-stage, recording a session with intricate open tunings, or practicing at home. These superb guitars feature a straighter neck taper for easier high-fret playing, and hand-rolled fingerboard edges to achieve a played-in feel.
Studio Response Technology 2 Electronics
SRT2 is a new pickup system developed independently by Yamaha, and optimized for stage performance. From a piezo sound that cut through when in a mix to a warm, pure acoustic sound that is like recorded by using the vintage microphone in the recording studio, SRT2 allows you to reproduce a sound that you can really use on stage. With SRT2 you can mix these two sounds to attain the exact balance you want to achieve a distinctive tone.
What’s more, the ability to select from two different mic types lets you choose the optimal sound for your playing style and for the song you are performing.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Vintage Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce with A.R.E. treatment
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Bracing
- Binding: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Straight Taper
- Radius: 15.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, rolled edges
- Fingerboard Inlay: Snowflakes
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.6″
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh chrome open gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Tusq/Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Electronics: System 71 SRT2 preamp with SRT piezo pickup
- Strings: Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Case Included: Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number: A5R VN
- Traditional Western Body Cutaway
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top with A.R.E.
- Solid Rosewood Back & Sides
- New Scalloped Bracing for Louder, Richer Acoustic Sound
- Natural, Dynamic Plugged-in Sound by SRT2 System
- High Comfort Neck Profile
- Simple and Distinctive Looks
- Elixir Strings
- GOTOH Open-gear Tuners
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- Hardshell Case Included
- Made in Japan