FENDER TUBE DISTORTION EFFECTS PEDAL
Many pedals try to emulate the sound of tube breakup; we decided instead of emulating tube distortion, we’d use actual vacuum tubes and give you the real deal in a compact pedal. The heart of the MTG’s design is a NOS (New Old Stock) US-made 6205 preamp tube. 3-Band EQ with Tight control and switchable boost—with its own Level and Boost controls—makes it easy to dial-in just the right sound.
These are the locations you can ship from:
- WESTERN CAPE, Plumstead store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, N1 City Value Centre store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Stellenbosch store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, Centurion store: 1 in stock
- FREE STATE, Bloemfontein store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, West Rand .store: 1 in stock
The heart of the MTG Tube distortion is a genuine vacuum tube, in this case a NOS (New Old Stock) 6205 preamp tube.
Not only does the EQ section sport the traditional Bass, Middle and Treble controls, it also has a Tight control so you can contour the low end to taste.
The Boost has its own Level and Boost controls—Level controls the master output level when the Boost circuit is engaged, while the Boost control affects how much gain is introduced.
We managed to shrink the MTG’s circuitry, fitting true tube-driven distortion into a chassis that easily fits on any pedalboard.
The MTG uses a typical 9V center-negative power supply, making it easy to integrate into any rig. Internally, a switch-mode power supply converts the incoming 9 volts to 150 volts and applies that higher voltage to the tube’s plate—just like an amplifier.
Every Fender effects pedal is crafted from lightweight, durable anodized aluminum and includes LED-illuminated controls.
- Real tube-driven distortion pedal
- NOS 6205 preamp tube
- 3-Band EQ; Boost with Gain and Level controls
- LED-backlit knobs; Fender Amp Jewel LED
- Standard 9VDC center-negative power connection
Power Requirements9-Volt DC Negative AC Adaptor