Boss WL-20L Wireless System For Active Pickup Electric Guitars & Acoustic/Electric Instruments
Going cable free doesn’t get any easier than the BOSS WL-20L. This wireless system eschews complicated setups in favor of a simple plug-and-play design. Experience ultra-low latency and expansive dynamics while enjoying rock-solid stability and a 50-foot operating range. And charging the components of the system is as easy as plugging into a standard USB adapter. Get a BOSS WL-20, and say goodbye to your cable management woes. The WL-20L is functionally identical to the WL-20, but doesn’t offer cable tone simulation, making it a great choice for acoustic-electric guitars, active pickups, keytars, or other instruments where capacitance doesn’t tend to impact tone.
Choose a location below to ship from:
- SHIP FROM WAREHOUSE: 3 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, N1 City Value Centre store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Table View store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, Centurion store: 1 in stock
As easy to use as a standard guitar cable
If you suffer from technophobia, BOSS’s WL-20L will ease your anxiety. The guitarists here at Paul Bothner Music have found that it’s as easy to use as your standard guitar cable. Simply plug the transmitter into your instrument and the receiver into a pedal or your amp. Pairing the transmitter and receiver is also a breeze. Just dock them together for about 10 seconds, and the WL-20L does all the work for you.
If you can charge your smartphone, you can charge this
Do you have a smartphone? Do you know how to charge it? Of course you do. Well, charging the WL-20L is just as easy. When docked, its transmitter and receiver both charge with a standard USB adapter. You can also charge the transmitter separately via the included micro USB cable. The WL-20L requires a USB adapter of 5V/500 mA or greater.
Lightning-Fast BOSS Wireless Technology
Equipped with high-performance BOSS wireless technology that debuted in the Katana-Air wireless guitar amp, the WL-20 series delivers exceptional sound quality with wide dynamic range. Working in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the optimum channel is set automatically to ensure rock-solid audio performance with absolutely no drop-outs. And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you’ll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.*
*Environmental conditions may affect the actual number of simultaneous systems available.
Plug In and Rock
A WL-20 system is literally as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. The small transmitter plugs into your instrument, while a matching receiver plugs into a pedal or amp. That’s it!
Automatic Wireless Setup
With the WL-20 series, there’s no fiddly channel setup required. Just dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to automatically set the optimum connection.
Easy Charging via USB
When docked, the built-in batteries in the transmitter and receiver can be charged together with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher), the same type used with the latest smartphones and tablets. The transmitter and receiver can also be charged separately, and a micro USB cable is included for charging.
WL-20L: No Cable Tone Simulation
The WL-20L model is functionally identical to the WL-20, with the exception that it eliminates cable tone simulation. This makes it the best choice for instruments where cable capacitance has little or no effect on the tone, such as an acoustic/electric guitar with an onboard preamp, a guitar or bass with active pickups, or a line-level device like a keytar or Roland’s Aerophone digital wind instrument. The WL-20L also works great with passive pickups if you don’t need the subtle treble roll-off provided by cable tone simulation.
- Easy-to-use guitar wireless system
- Eschews complicated setups in favor of a simple plug-and-play design
- Experience ultra-low latency and expansive dynamics
- Enjoy rock-solid stability and a 50-foot operating range
- Works best with active guitars or basses, acoustic-electric guitars, and line-level instruments like keytars
- Easy charging with a standard USB adapter (5V/500 mA or greater)
- Includes a micro USB cable for charging the transmitter separately
- Benefit from up to 10 hours of continuous use from a single charge
- Use up to 14 BOSS wireless systems simultaneously in one space
- Configuration:Complete System
- System: Simultaneous Channels:Up to 14
- System: Analog/Digital:Digital
- System: Frequency Range:2.4 GHz
- System: Operating Range:50 ft. Line-of-sight
- System: Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Transmitter: Form Factor:Combination Plug
- Transmitter: Dynamic Range:>110dB
- Transmitter: Battery Type:Lithium-ion rechargeable
- Transmitter: Battery Life:12 hours
- Transmitter: Connector:1/4″
- Transmitter: Dimensions:3.43″ x 1″ x 1.5″
- Transmitter: Weight:3 oz.
- Receiver: Type:Combination Plug
- Receiver: Outputs:1/4″
- Receiver: Dimensions:3.43″ x 1″ x 1.5″
- Receiver: Weight:3 oz.