Roland MC-101 Groove Box
Small size. Massive groove.
Produce and perform music anywhere, anytime—without clutter or complications. The MC-101 GROOVEBOX has all the high-quality sounds, sequencing, and effects of the professional MC-707, in a compact four-track version that’s go-everywhere portable. Get started with an inspiring collection of ready-to-go sounds and patterns, or easily create your own. Craft a unique style by importing custom sounds and loops that sync to tempo. And you can perform with the MC-101, triggering clips and shaping your sounds with direct, hands-on control.
These are the locations you can ship from:
- SHIP FROM WAREHOUSE: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, Plumstead store: 1 in stock
- WESTERN CAPE, N1 City Value Centre store: 1 in stock
- GAUTENG, West Rand .store: 1 in stock
Pocket production studio.
A professional production tool, sharing the sounds and many of the capabilities of its bigger sibling, the MC-707. Solid-yet-light and runs for about five hours on four AA batteries, so you can design sounds, create drum patterns, and compose musical phrases just about anywhere. Produce fully-fledged professional tracks or create backing tracks and accompaniment for live performance.
Turn a creative spark into fire.
Four-track sequencer optimized for creating today’s electronic and dance-focused music. 16 RGB pads to create drum, bass, and synthesizer patterns and produce your own original music. Freely combine loops and one-shots with melodic phrases including your own MIDI sequences and imported audio recordings. Compose and trigger clips, rearrange, re-sample, record automation, and more.
A portable studio full of vintage gear.
Includes the Roland sounds that have defined electronic and dance genres for over forty years. Legendary instruments like the TR-808, TR-909, JUNO-106, and SH-101 are all here, ready to replicate classic sounds or be combined, tweaked, and processed into entirely new sounds.
Expandable sounds, patterns, and phrases.
Compose from a curated collection of built-in beats, phrases, and sounds, all expertly crafted by renowned artists and sound designers. And the MC-101 is part of an expandable platform. So, when you’re ready for more, or want to explore new genres and styles, you can easily change things up by adding new content.
Play your own custom audio in perfect sync.
Each track contains a powerful sample player so you can import your own custom sounds. Use your own voice, or the sound of your favorite instrument from your computer. Imported audio can sync with the MC-101’s tempo or be processed with the arsenal of built-in effects and hands-on controls.
Produce tracks ready to stream or perform.
With a wide range of pro effects, your music sounds polished and fully produced. Each track has independent effects processors with a huge number of variations. Lush chorus brings depth to pads and other synth sounds. Delays and reverbs create evocative spaces and add movement to delicate sequences. Overdrive, distortion, and amp simulation inject grit and intensity into synths, guitars, drums and more. You can also run your entire mix through master effects like filters, bit-crushers, and a master bus compressor that glues it all together with punch and clarity.
- Sound Generator
- ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Track Type
- Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Maximum Polyphony
- ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
LOOPER: 4 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- 4 tracks
- 64 clips (16 clips per track)
* Clip Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop), it varies according to the track type.
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing form SD CARD
Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD CARD* Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)
* Available format of User Sample: WAV 32–96 kHz/16 bits, 24 bits (mono, stereo)* Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)
* Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1 kHz/16 bits, 24 bits, 32 bits, 32 bits float (mono, stereo)
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
Chorus/Delay: 9 types
Reverb: 7 types
Master Effects: 90 types
- Step Sequencer
- Maximum Step: 128 steps
* Available on a Tone or Drum Kit Track
- Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
* Available on a Looper Track
- 16 characters, 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 3 hours
Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 4.5 hours* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Owner’s manual
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
Contact Paul Bothner Music to confirm.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 224 mm
- 132 mm
- 61 mm
- Weight (including batteries)
- 716 g
1 lb 9 oz