Masterclass: Understanding The Voice by RJ Benjamin
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 31, 2018
Using various video’s as well as diagrams RJ Benjamin will help singers, musicians, choir masters and really anybody fascinated with singing to better understand their voice as well as understand everybody else’s.
Where: Paul Bothner Music Claremont
Shop PO 01, Stadium on Main
Corner Central & Hawthorne Road
When: 2 June 2018
Buy tickets from Quicket
What to expect at the workshop
- How vocal sound is created (Footage will be used to assist in the explanation of this)
- How breathing affects sound creation (Several breathing exercises will be used, and a few volunteers will be required to show examples)
- Why our voices are unique
- Vocal range and registers (This is particularly important in teaching singers to know and understand their vocal range, and how singing outside of this can cause serious damage and be detrimental to a singing career, Footage will be used to assist in the explanation of this)
- Warm up sequence (the attendees will do a standard warmup sequence)
- Explanation of Vocal Pedagogy (methodology) and which ones to avoid.
- Vocal health (this will include advice on how to keep your vocal chords as healthy as possible as well as some footage showing vocal damage particularly in the form of nodules)
- Q & A
Do you want to ensure that you never miss a workshop like this? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter.
- . You asked for it, and they listened! The Black Cat Bones are getting ready to launch their fourth studio album – ‘Here is a …
- . After discovering that he loved writing songs in high school and taking some guitar lessons, Jesse could sense that he was embarking on a …
- Tis the Season to be jolly. Everywhere you look you’ll be sure to find Christmas themes; from brightly decorated trees to fat guys in red …
- For the uninitiated, the cajon is an odd instrument; after all, it’s just a box that you sit on and hit, right? Well, not exactly. …