Like to work in a high-pressure yet casual environment where no two days are the same? This might be the job for you!
We’re looking for a qualified graphic designer with some experience and a lot of energy to work at our head office in Southern Suburbs, Cape Town. Due to the specialized nature of the products we sell, preference will be given to applicants with real-world knowledge and experience of musical instruments and equipment. Being able to provide a portfolio of your work is essential.
- Design Qualification
- 2 – 4 years of graphic design experience in an in-house creative department, design studio, or advertising agency
- Work experience in either retail or e-Commerce, preferably both
- Being an active musician or having an avid interest in the music industry a big plus!
- Candidates are to submit an extensive design portfolio with their application (non-negotiable)
Skills & Competencies
- Skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite and graphics production processes
- An understanding of typography, colour, composition and how these elements work together for a design solution
- Detail oriented and meticulous eye for layout and spacing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good at taking creative direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple work streams, and meet tight deadlines
Nice To Haves
- Video Editing
- Assist with day to day marketing admin
- Design campaign artwork for online and print media
- Create sales posters, brochures, and catalogues
- Design social media ad campaigns and page content
- Assist with weekly consumer-facing newsletters
- In-store branding and point of purchase installations
- Artist banners and online content
- Product package design and logo development
- External and internal shop signage
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and media
Interested? Send an email with a short cover letter, portfolio examples (or a link to an online portfolio), and your CV to email@example.com