Presented by our resident in-house sound reinforcement experts in conjunction with Mackie South Africa.
Where: Centurion Branch
When: 19 May 2018
The objective of this workshop is to equip the average, part-time sound engineer with the basic knowledge to properly operate and tackle the common problems which face the majority of sound reinforcement systems.
What to Expect
No jargon “fit for purpose” easy to understand approach and presentation.
- The inner workings of audio interfaces, such as phenomena like line signals, low and high impedance signals, power and other signal characteristics
- Understand the different type of microphone
- Understand microphone technique
- Understand microphone characteristics such as frequency responses
- Understand loudspeaker cables and the required size (AWG)
- Understand system gain structure for optimal signal-to-noise ratio
- How to match audio power amplifiers to loudspeakers Monitors
- Basic Troubleshooting on typical Audio Systems
- Understanding the functionality of a typical audio power amplifier
- Understand the operational and mixing techniques of typical audio mixing
- An equalization strategy that gets at what you can fix, and avoids “over equalizing” the sound system
- How to properly setup PA systems
- Troubleshooting, basic maintenance and care
- The do’s and don’ts: What to avoid and how to not blow you PA system.