Do you want to join our b(r)and as an Administrative Clerk?
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | September 26, 2018
Are you tired of your current job? Does the idea of working in the music industry fill you with excitement? Then we NEED you! We’re looking for an admin clerk to work at our Plumstead Superstore. Send in your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be:
- able to work under pressure
A proven track record of experience in a retail and administrative/cashier environment is crucial.
One of your responsibilities will be to work as a relief admin assistant at our Claremont and N1 City stores, so you must have reliable transport, and be willing to travel.
Maintain a professional and friendly entry point to the general public, customers, dealers and suppliers, both telephonically and face-to-face.
Perform allocated administrative tasks as required.
Below is a list of your main job tasks and responsibilities (and any other duties as directed from time to time).
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls. Do not allow the telephone to ring unnecessarily
- Never leave the reception area/switchboard unattended
- Take and relay messages to relevant persons via e-mail
- Provide information to callers
- Greet persons entering organisation in a welcoming manner and notify relevant staff member/members
- Direct persons to correct destination e.g. customers for service department to workshop receptionist
- deal with queries from the public and customers
- maintain and distribute the telephone listing to staff
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organisation
- General administrative and clerical support, including filing, petty cash and archiving documents
- In-coming mail to be opened, date-stamped and distributed
- Keep the reception area tidy at all times
- Any other duties as directed from time to time
- Receiving and checking of stock
- Communication of stock received with head office
- Accurate updating of pricing on sales floor
- Ensuring that all sales items are clearly, correctly and accurately priced
- Updating of Appros and delivery notes
- Managing and Overseeing of Repairs
- Regardless of what style of music you play, there will always be some overlap between genres. Quite often, if you want to improve one playing …
- FREE Bass Workshop with Schalk Joubert. The bass guitar is one of the most versatile instruments you can play. A solid bass player with a …
- Guitar Frenzy 2018 is here, and that can mean only one thing… It is time for the fourth annual Anything Goes Guitar Competition! Last year …
- We live in an age of technology and information. Nowadays, it’s easy to go online and to find tidbits of information as you need it. …