Free Guitar Frenzy Workshop: The Versatile Bassist
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | November 10, 2017
All a bass player needs to do is play the root note. Right? While, technically, yes, that is right, it doesn’t exactly produce a Versatile Bassist. If you want to be a Versatile Bassist, come to the FREE workshop.
This workshop is being presented by Chadleigh Gowar, one of the most Versatile Bassists in South Africa. He will discuss everything you need to know to get your bass playing to the next level.
When: 18 November 2017
Where: Paul Bothner Music Somerset West
Shop 16, Checkers Centre
c/o Main & Gordons Street
Who Should Attend
Bass is more than just an accompanying instrument. It has a massive range of tones and stylistic variety that can really make your music “pop”. This workshop is for any bass player who wants to be more than just a root note player.
If you want to stand out in your duo or trio, or if you want to explore solo playing, then this is the workshop you’ve been waiting for.
What to Expect
During this workshop, Chadliegh will discuss a variety of topics, broken down into three sections. More specifically he will look at:
1) The role of the bass player in different setups.
Bass players in a Duo or Trio setup.
Bass players in a quartet and full band setup.
2) Solo bass Playing
More About Chadleigh
Chadleigh Gowar was born in Hanover Park, Cape Town, South Africa. He started playing bass guitar at 11 years old, playing in church and later with Gospel bands in and around the Western Cape.
Chadleigh has played with Jannie Moolman, Richard Ceasar, Ramon Alexander, Celeste Williams, Kani Naidoo, Les Javan, Melanie Scholtz, Gift Gwe, Brandon October, Bianca le Grange, Rouchelle Liedemann, Sandile Cele, Trevor Sampson and Janine Neethling.
He has also collaborated with phenomenal bass players such as Sammy Webber and Jonathan Rubain.
Chadleigh is a founding member and band leader of “The Comrades”, a band with a unique and fresh sound with the goal to inspire and motivate others.
- . When it comes to microphones, it is imperative that you select the right microphone for the job. Using the wrong mic is like using …
- . The 13th edition of Rocking the Daisies is just around the corner. To all our friends who are playing at or attending the festival, …
- . This workshop is aimed all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to improve their soloing chops. Do you feel at though your …
- . Since its launch, the Mapex Prodigy kit has become one of the most popular entry-level drum kits on the market – and for good …