The art of drumming as part of an ensemble
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 7, 2018
Being a good musician means knowing how to play your instrument well. Being a great musicians means knowing how to play well with other musicians. This workshop aims to teach you the fundamental basics of playing in an ensemble.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a world class drummer? A big part of being at the top tier is being able to play with other musicians, while still keeping the feel and timing of the song. It’s not about being a shining star – it’s about being part of something bigger than you are.
Where: Paul Bothner Music Plumstead
Shop G7 Richmond Center
Main Road, Plumstead
When: 18 August 2018
What to expect:
- Knowing your role as part of the band
- Setting up sections in the song
- Knowing when build (dynamics)
More about Damian
Damian Kamineth is a 3rd year Jazz Studies student at the South African College of Music at the University of Cape Town. He is currently the drummer in a pop-cover band called BassMint and forms part of The Swing Collective, a swing pop-cover band. .
Damian has been selected to be part of many big bands over the past couple of years; The Sekunjalo Edujazz Big Band, The Marc de Kock Big Band and the UCT Big Band to name a few. He was also selected to be the drummer for the Standard Bank National Youth Jazz Band 2018. He worked with a host of world-renowned artists and musicians, such as Prof. Andrew Lilley, Shaun Johannes, Camillo Lombard, Don Vino Prins, Alvin Hendricks and many more.
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …