Stimulating Use of Effects For All Genres of Music
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | November 1, 2017
This workshop is aimed all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to take a creative journey into exploring what effects and synthesizers can do your playing.
You are invited to join a free workshop on Stimulating Use of Effects for All Genres of Music at Paul Bothner Music in Tygervalley. The workshop will be presented by local bass and recording legend, Alistair Andrews.
When: 4 November 2017
Where: Paul Bothner Music Tygervalley
For more info, call Alistair on 021-761-4828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stimulating Use of Effects for All Genres of Music
This workshop is aimed all bass players and guitarists who want to take a creative journey into exploring what effects and synthesisers can do your playing.
Whether you are considering buying effects for the first time, or if you’ve been using them for years, there is something for everyone.
Not a guitarist or bass player? You can still learn a wealth of information from Alistair. Learning what effects guitarist and bass players use, may inspire you to add something new and interesting to your vocal lines. In addition, knowing what effects and synths create specific sounds will empower any songwriting. After all, Knowlege is Power.
Topics for the Workshop
1) Effect Chains
Do you place your distortion pedal before your delay? Where should your looper sit?
2) Authentic Use of Effects
By learning how to fully utilise your effects, you will be able to create a better tone for yourself.
3) The Overuse/Incorrect Use of Effects
When using a new toy, like a multi-effects unit, there is always a danger of overusing effects and ruining your song or your performance
4) Looping and Delays
Looping is a powerful tool for “adding extra band members”. It can also be very useful for practicing.
5) Different Types of Synthesis
Come and explore the wide array of synthesis options available.
6) Conventional and Unconventional Effects
Take a walk through all the commonly used effects, and then explore some of the less commonly used effects like the slicer or harmonizer!
- What happens when you take three accomplished musicians and put them in the same band? You get something remarkable, something like coffee and Ouma’s Rusks, …
- The incredibly versatile DAW from Presonus that has been winning over musicians and producers with each successive release. Presented by Alistair Andrews, our Resident Studio …
- SECRETS, the American post-hardcore band from San Diego will be coming to South Africa on tour this month. As part of their tour, and in …
- As a musician, a metronome is one of the essential tools in your practicing arsenal. To be frank, if you are not regularly practicing with a …