How the booking process works:
All you need to do is take the unit to any Paul Bothner Music branch closest to you and ask a sales consultant to book the unit in to the Service Department.
Our Service Department fixes keyboards, keyboard amplification, acoustic/electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar and bass amplifiers, public address systems and more. We also specialize in fixing valve amps and doing guitar and bass setups and mods.
Service Department Rates:
Standard Rates: R290 per 1/2 hour
Urgent Rates: R390 per 1/2 hour
Minimum Assessment Fee: R300
Service Department Terms and Conditions:
1. Due to the highly technical and specialized nature of repairs, we regret that we are unable to provide an estimated cost or time duration beforehand. However a service representative will contact you should the repair EXCEED the following thresholds:
* Non-valve repairs: R870
* Valve amplification repairs: R2200
1.1. In the event that the aforementioned costs are not acceptable, a handling fee of R300 will be charged.
For example: If an item costs R150 to repair, the Service Department will repair the unit without contacting you for approval, as it’s less than R870. However, if it costs R1000 to repair, a Service Department representative will contact you to clear your approval, as it’s above the R870 threshold. If you choose not to go ahead with the repair, you will only pay R300 for the minimum assessment fee.
2. No repairs can be carried out under guarantee unless the original proof of purchase is produced.
3. Please note that the guarantee will be null and void if, on assessment, the unit has been tampered with.
4. All repairs not collected within 3 months will be sold to defray costs.
5. Repairs not collected within 30 days of notification, will be subjected to additional administration fees equal to 10% of the repair cost per month, calculated on a pro-rata basis.
6. All data must be backed up by the user (where applicable) prior to booking the said item in for repairs, as we cannot be held liable for any loss of data.
7. All repairs booked into the Service Department are done so at the risk of the individual handing in the repair to Paul Bothner (Pty) Ltd.
8. Paul Bothner (Pty) Ltd will not accept liability for any damage or loss that might occur during transport, repair, storage, etc.
9. All labour performed and parts supplied, under the terms of the repair, are guaranteed for a period of 3 months from the date of invoice.
*Non-valve repairs means any unit that does not have valve tubes.*
*Example: Solid state/transistor amps, acoustic/electric guitars, basses, keyboards etc.*
*Effective from 01/06/2012*