Proel Wave15A Active PA Speaker
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | October 20, 2016
No matter what style of music you play or listen to, clarity is king! No matter how good a band or recording is, if you play it through a sub-par PA system, it will sound bad.
Therefore, it is important that you choose a PA system with crispness and clarity. You really can’t afford to substitute quality. Standing at the forefront of quality is the Proel range of PA speakers; along with the Proel Wave15A PA speakers.
In the past, quality used to be measured by weight. Old radio companies used to add lead weights to their Hi-Fi’s in order to make them feel like “better” quality. This idea has fortunately left the mindset of most people.
Proel specifically set out to make great sound speakers that won’t break your back. This approach was taken in response to the increasing need for lightweight and easy to use PA systems.
The Wave15A is simple enough to use that eve your granny could be a sound engineer for a night!
The speakers a housed in a lightweight plastic and feature ultra-durable polypropylene cabinets. The Wave15A’s also features an onboard MP3 player. You are able to play your music off a flash drive or an SD card.
In addition to that, the speaker also features built-in Bluetooth. This allows you to play music from your phone or tablet directly to the speaker wirelessly.
And if you want to get you karaoke on, or perhaps use the speaker for public speaking, the amp has a 2 channel mixer built in. Because of this, the Wave15A is an incredibly versatile speaker. You can use it in your band room for practice, or you could use it in small venues for more intimate performances.
- 1” compression driver with 1.35” VC
- 15” woofer with 2.5” voice coil
- 400 W total peak power
- 50 W class AB + 150 W class D continuous power
- 2-input built-in mixer with 2-band EQ
- Built-in MEDIA PLAYER with USB port, SD slot and BLUETOOTH audio connection, LCD display and IR remote control
- Passive version with 150W AES power handling
- Lightweight polypropylene cabinet with slanted shape for monitor use
- 1 top + 21 side handles, 2 M8 flying points
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …