Praise and Worship Principles
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | June 7, 2017
This is a simple workshop aimed at the music leaders in your house of worship. Even if your band is just one guy playing guitar or keys, the basic principles of Praise and Worship remain the same. Come through to ensure that you’re not missing out on something important.
Presented by John Costopoulos.
What to Expect
John will be taking a simple look at what Praise and Worship is, and how you can apply those principles to your church band. While this workshop is aimed at worship leaders, the whole band is encouraged to attend.
John will specifically talk about:
The planning and selection of your Praise and Worship songs
Technical and Spiritual preparation
The chord construction of the songs
The purpose and your function in the praise and worship band
Creating space in the music to create the right mood
More About John
John started earning money at 13 and continued to play in bands with various local and overseas personnel based in Zambia. He played for dance bands, theatre productions and pop groups but his passion was the rock world of Zep and Deep Purple etc.
At 30 he went solo, singing, playing guitar and flute and doing stand-up comedy, recording his own backing tracks.
From 1989 to date he has played almost every week in church and enjoys the privilege of arranging the praise and worship material for his local church team. He occasionally produces original work in his (amateur) studio.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »