PHFAT at Aandklas
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | September 15, 2016
PHFAT will be bringing the party to Aandklas Stellenbosch on the first weekend of the final term! Come and wreck yourself responsibly before the workload gets too much!
WHEN:Saturday 17 September 2016 – 19:00
Tickets avaiable from Aandklas or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
More about PHFAT
PHFAT’s unprecedented rise in the South African Music Industry is as much about his warm commercial appeal as it is about his cold honest introspection. Even though a string of charting radio hits such as “Lights Out” and “The Whip” have solidified his position as a South African commercial music heavyweight, it is PHFAT’s darker and less radio-friendly singles that stitch together his carefully constructed live shows with an inimitable, primal energy that keeps fans coming back.
PHFAT’s dark electronic hip hop beats are woven seamlessly with intricate raps, melodic hooks, charactered interludes and crowd chants that culminate in cathartic frenzies. Although known in particular for his explosive festival performances, He is as comfortable performing to a crowd of twenty as he is to a crowd of twenty thousand, and equally at home sharing a lineup with your favourite local punk band as he is with your favourite international pop star.
In fact, when the internationals are in town, PHFAT is a go to for the lineups and he has performed alongside (amongst others) Public Enemy, MGMT, Milky Chance, Casey Veggies, The Cat Empire and Rudimental as well as having headlined just about every major festival in South Africa (including Rocking the Daisies, Oppikoppi, Sonar, In The City, and more)
Whilst his latest single “The Whip” dances around 5FM’s top 30, he is hard at work on his next release. PHFAT’s future has never looked brighter.
Your Music Industry News!
- The first and only instrument for the DJ-producer; introducing the Roland DJ-808 The Roland DJ-808 …Read More »
- If you’re in KZN and are looking to add some culture to your life, then …Read More »
- For the noise conscious drummer, the Zildjian L80 Low Volume Cymbals. One thing that is …Read More »
- If you’ve heard of Djent, then you have undoubtedly heard of Misha Mansoor, from the …Read More »
- It is time once again for the ever popular Ernie Ball String Collective. This year …Read More »