Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »