Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- Fender has just announced the newest guitar range to join the Fender family. The all …Read More »
- We are living in the age of smartphones. They have replaced portable game devices, palm …Read More »
- Does music education affect your child’s ability to learn? The short answer is a simple …Read More »
- Make music your New Years Resolution! 2016 is a year that will go down in …Read More »
- Are you looking for something specific? A guitar in a particular colour or a double …Read More »