Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- This FREE workshop is an essential training workshop for all House of Worship sound engineers. …Read More »
- Join Timothy Feder and a few of his friends as they look at the finer …Read More »
- How can a modern legend like the Mustang digital amplifiers be improved? Simple— do it …Read More »
- Would you like to win a ROLAND JUNO-DS61? As part of the Roland National Keys …Read More »
- We’re running a 2-week sales blast on Ernie Ball 80/20 Earthwood Acoustic Strings! Does your …Read More »