Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- OppiKoppi and Rocking the Daisies have decided to collaborate for the 2017 events. This year …Read More »
- Have you ever wondered whether you have what it takes to write a song that …Read More »
- It’s once again time for the annual Quay 4 Battle of the Bands, powered by …Read More »
- Known and respected for its world-class hospitality, The Franschhoek Cellar will now also offer patrons …Read More »
- It’s time for UCT to start hosting the SACM Concert Series 2017. Members of the …Read More »