Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- If you’ve heard of Djent, then you have undoubtedly heard of Misha Mansoor, from the …Read More »
- It is once again time for the annual Wacken Metal Battle. The most intense and …Read More »
- You are invited to attend a FREE vocal workshop hosted by the Cape Town Big …Read More »
- It’s once again time for the annual Quay 4 Battle of the Bands, powered by …Read More »
- . Here we have a few EXAMPLES of our Long Weekend Legends Deals!* What better way …Read More »