Paul Bothner Music’s South African origins date back to around 1902, when Charles Bothner, a piano tuner by trade, emigrated from Switzerland and set up shop in Cape Town. The business was soon importing and selling pianos. Over the next 50 years, with contributions from his wife and sons, Paul Bothner became a household name, nationwide.
1969 saw the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, and The Who performing at the legendary Woodstock festival. This was a vibrant period for music, and a fitting time for the founding of Paul Bothner Music in its current form, as a fullservice musical instrument and equipment retailer!
Starting with one store in Claremont, Cape Town, the business has now expanded to six Paul Bothner Music stores in the Western Cape, four Village Music stores, located in Centurion, Durban, Bloemfontein, and Kimberley and an online store. We also have an online store using our winning formula of professional advice, great product selection, and full aftersales service nationwide.
Your Music Industry News!
- The first and only instrument for the DJ-producer; introducing the Roland DJ-808 The Roland DJ-808 …Read More »
- If you’re in KZN and are looking to add some culture to your life, then …Read More »
- For the noise conscious drummer, the Zildjian L80 Low Volume Cymbals. One thing that is …Read More »
- If you’ve heard of Djent, then you have undoubtedly heard of Misha Mansoor, from the …Read More »
- It is time once again for the ever popular Ernie Ball String Collective. This year …Read More »