Music Exchange 2017 (MEX17)
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 30, 2017
Music Exchange (MEX17), celebrates its 7th anniversary.
Some of the biggest names in the business, from local and international artists, composers and producers have been booked as guest speakers.
When: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September 2017
Where: Hosted at the Academy Of Sound Engineering studio complex in Cape Town.
Cost: R250 per day or R400 for both days
For the serious artist. Up close and personal access to all the speakers who cover:
- BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc., the worlds largest collecting and rights management company) what can it do for ME as a writer and artist?
- Meet Brandon Bakshi BMI’s Executive Director of Writer/Publisher Relations for Europe & Asia. He has signed Daft Punk, ZAYN, Ed Sheeran, Sade, Kygo, Popcaan, Laura Marling and Ellie Goulding amongst others.
- Access 4 international hit songwriters – take your songs to next level.
- Publishing and looking after composer rights –how does it work?
- How to make money from Syncs?
- How does crowd funding work for an artist? -Pledge music
- Working in Reggaeton music?
- Learn more about radio submissions in South Africa and how to access play listing what is PBS /Commercial /community radio
- What can Radio Monitor do for you?
- Turn up Music and JOOX how do we get on those platforms.
- How to access Radio in Europe?
- Find out about working in The Netherlands,
With Menno Visser. He is one of the most well-known music journalists in The Netherlands with experience in print, radio and online.
- Abbey Road Studios can we access it from SA?
- Sponsorship and proposals the do’s and don’t
- Compelling press kits and media releases.
- How to access the Festival circuit in South Africa and touring.
- Do you understand your personal worth and brand equity (learn how to DIY as an artist)
- Personal brand management on social media.
- Fashion image branding and brands
- What do artist managers do?
If YOU answered YES to some of the questions above, Book NOW to fast track your contacts and career (It’s coming, but once a year).
Book NOW via webtickets –
A look back at MEX16
For a full list of all the speakers, be sure to check out the Music Exchange website [http://www.musicexchange.co.za]
- Do you own an acoustic guitar that doesn’t have a pickup? Do you want to add an Acoustic Guitar Pickup but don’t want to risk …
- If you’re a drummer and want to take your music seriously, then learning to read charts is non-negotiable. That is why we have this Free …
- You are invited to join us for the Grand Opening of our Tygervalley Store in Cape Town! On the 23rd of September 2017 we will …
- Karen Zoid is one of the only musicians in South Africa to achieve critical acclaim for both English AND Afrikaans music. Because of this she …