Midnight Oil & Freshly Ground Live
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | July 6, 2017
Mightnight Oil, the Australian band best known for their song, Beds are Burning, will be coming to South Africa. They will play one show only and will be joined by South African favourites, Freshly Ground.
Midnight Oil Featuring Freshly Ground
On July 29, Mightnight Oil will play a once off show at Marks Park, Emmarentia, Johannesburg. This will be the bands first time in South African in over 20 years!
The show will be a daytime event, so you won’t need to worry about getting a babysitter or worry about leaving your dog alone for too long. Gates to the venue will open at 10 am, and the event will wind down by 5 pm.
“It’s always great when international bands come back to SA. It shows that our industry is growing and sets the stage perfectly. The more we have international acts coming to SA, the more the world will see us as an international player. This will cause a trickle down effect, and allow local bands to play on international stages.”
What to Bring:
Since this is an outdoor event you should prepare for a sunny day. To that end remember to bring hats and sunblock. You should also consider camping chairs or picnic blankets to sit on. That is unless you prefer to stand for 7 hours, or don’t mind sitting on the dirt.
Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to bring in your own food or drinks.
What to Leave at Home
As mentioned above, you will not be allowed to bring in any of your own food or drinks. In addition, you cannot bring the usual such as glass, weapons or pets.
Ticket prices range from R495 to R795, depending on where you sit. If you would like to buy a ticket, you can do so by clicking [here].
Your Music Industry News!
- The Philharmonia Choir of Cape Town is collaborating with The Phenomenal Opera Voices to bring …Read More »
- All drummers will learn the basic Rudiments, but do you know how to incorporate them …Read More »
- Head on down to the Crypt this Winter! Here are the dates for gigs and …Read More »
- Do you know what The Most Recognisable Bass Riff Ever is? Your mind is probably …Read More »
- If you’re in the Centurion area and are looking for music education, then the Jean Village …Read More »