How to sing correctly and avoid vocal strain
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 15, 2018
Before you go running, the first thing you should do is stretch out your muscles and warm up. Once you’ve warmed up, you can start to push yourself. Singing must be thought of in the same way.
If you’re not warming up before you sing, there is a high likelihood that you’re putting your vocal chords under undue strain. If you’re not careful, this can have long-reaching effects. Other than warming up, there are a number of techniques you can use to ensure that you spare your voice.
During this FREE Ministry Month workshop, Tim Fedder will guide you through how to sing correctly and avoid vocal strain.
Where: Paul Bothner Music N1 City
Shop 71, N1 Value Centre
When: 26 May
Time: 10:30 am (for 11 am)
What to expect
- Singing correctly and avoid vocal strain,
- Smoothing over the transition from chest to head voice
- How to increase lung capacity and develop the vocal cord flexibility, as well as how to maintain vocal health and warm up your voice properly before a performance
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
There will be Special Offers on Stage-Ready Gear – One day only and exclusive to our N1 Superstore!
Brands included: Mackie, Shure, AKG H&H, Warfdale, Roland, Carol, Fender Pro Audio, Proel and more! All the must have’s for any and all vocalists will be part of the sale.
More about the clinician
Tim Feder is the Director of Sounds of the Nations South Africa. He is an artist, producer, studio engineer and songwriter. Tim runs the Sounds of the Nations Studio, which has released the works of many local gospel and worship artists.
Tim was selected to be a delegate at Mix With the Masters in 2014 where he trained under Jimmy Douglass (Engineer for Pharrell Williams, Timberland, Justin Timberlake & Alecia Keys). Timothy was worship pastor at His People Christian Church for eight years before going full time with Sounds of the Nations.
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- . When it comes to microphones, it is imperative that you select the right microphone for the job. Using the wrong mic is like using …
- . The 13th edition of Rocking the Daisies is just around the corner. To all our friends who are playing at or attending the festival, …
- . This workshop is aimed all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to improve their soloing chops. Do you feel at though your …
- . Since its launch, the Mapex Prodigy kit has become one of the most popular entry-level drum kits on the market – and for good …