How to get a range of emotion into your gospel playing
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 15, 2018
Have you ever heard anyone say that playing the guitar should sound like a vocalist singing? While this might not always be true, it is true when playing a blues or a gospel guitar solo. But, you need to play the right solo over the right kind of music.
You can’t play a death-metal style shred solo over a slow gospel piece, just like you shouldn’t play a blues solo over a jazz piece of music. During this FREE Ministry Month workshop, John Costopoulos and John Chamier will discuss how to get a range of emotion into your gospel playing.
Where: Glenwood Village Music
Shop 101/102, Glenwood Village Centre
Corner of Che Guevara Rd & Hunt Rd
When: 26 May 2018
Time: 11:00 am till 12:00 pm
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
What to Expect
- The sensitive side of playing lead guitar during worship
- Different techniques and scales you would use to create emotion and set the mood
- Chord structure with all the instruments in your praise and worship band.
More About John Costopoulos
John started earning money at 13 and continued to play in bands with various local and overseas personnel based in Zambia. He played for dance bands, theatre productions and pop groups but his passion was the rock world of Zep and Deep Purple etc.
At 30 he went solo, singing, playing guitar and flute and doing stand-up comedy, recording his own backing tracks.
From 1989 to date he has played almost every week in church and enjoys the privilege of arranging the praise and worship material for his local church team. He occasionally produces original work in his (amateur) studio.
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- We are looking for a hardworking, experienced, motivated end energetic retail branch manager, with proven track record to manage our Parklands Branch. The successful applicant …
- . Queen is, without a doubt, one of the most iconic bands of all time. Even people who don’t usually listen to rock music will …
- . Life as a musician can be expensive, which is why so many professional musicians seek sponsorships and alternative income streams. During this double-feature masterclass, …
- . Dexibell is a modern Italian company steeped in tradition, who strives to bring you the best sound quality of any product in its price …