FreshlyGround and Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | March 14, 2017
Are you ready to party with two of South Africa’s biggest and finest music icons? FreshlyGround and Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse will be sharing the stage for the very first time! So join them on Saturday 25 March 2017 at the Spier Wine Estate for an unforgettable music experience.
Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse is going to be holding a celebration like no other. He is holding a concert to celebrate 50 years in the music industry! And to help him celebrate, he has invited FreshlyGround to join him for the night. The show will take place at the Spier Amphitheater in Stellenbosch, will will start at 6pm.
“All the classics will be in there,” Sipho divulges, “including Burn Out, Shikisha, and many more of songs that have shaped me as a musician, philanthropist and father to my beautiful daughters.”
As to what Freshly fans can expect from the multi-platinum-selling globetrotters? With their 6th album currently in final production with Swedish producer Tore Johannson, the group may just offer a sample of what’s to come from the group in the months ahead. “There will be material never performed before,” Zolani teases. “There will also be some deviations from the usual popular material too.”
“I’ve never played at Spier before,” Sipho declares. “I’ve also never performed with FreshlyGround before either. I have huge respect for the music they create, and they are lovely people which just enhances the whole experience.”
Also on Stage
The much-applauded Around The Fire and Wrestling With Dawn producer, playwright and performer, Siphokazi Jonas will also share the stage, on the night, revealing yet another side to her dynamic talent. “I’m delighted to have her open for us,” Sipho says. “I have watched Siphokazi, over the last two years, create her own path and make work for herself, all of which needs to be heard and applauded. I’m really looking forward to a great night.”
A long overdue marriage of two trailblazers, expect pomp, expect ceremony and a night filled with glorious celebration and tumultuous applause. Join the chorus and come sing along.
Tickets are available now from Computicket [http://online.computicket.com]
The show starts at 6pm.
For more information contact either
1) Martin Myers email@example.com
Mobile: +27 83 448 4475
2) Andrew Arnott + 27 78 597 9119 Freshlyground Manager
3) Follow the Facebook Page for all the up-to-the-minute event details.
- Spotify, one of the worlds biggest music SaaS platforms has finally come to South Africa. Now, instead of buying CDs or downloading music from iTunes, …
- After discovering that he loved writing songs in high school and taking some guitar lessons, Jesse could sense that he was embarking on a journey …
- It’s once again time for the annual Quay 4 Battle of the Bands, powered by Paul Bothner Music! There are some awesome prizes this year, …
- Have you ever wanted to know how to write a pop song? Maybe you’ve tried a few times and just never worked out the hook, …