Free Vocal Workshop with Amy Campbell
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | March 16, 2017
You are invited to attend a FREE vocal workshop hosted by the Cape Town Big Band Jazz Festival. The workshop will be presented by vocalist Amy Campbell.
When: Friday 24 March 2017
Venue: Reeler Theatre, Rondebosch High School, Canigou Road, Rondebosch
Time: 14h30 – 16h30
Amy is the Choir and Ensemble Coach at the University of Cape Town. In addition, she is also the singing teacher at Rondebosch Boys High School. This will be an interactive Jazz Singing workshop. Specific elements will include working on swing elements of jazz singing and performance techniques.
Because the workshop will be an interactive event, you are asked to bring along a piece you are currently working on. Seating is limited, so reserving your seat is essential.
More about the Cape Town Big Band Festival
The Cape Town Big Band Jazz Festival is an annual event that showcases local high school and university big bands. The festival has grown in popularity every year, with its main focus on the upliftment of local jazz bands.
Furthermore, the festival has grown so much that there is now an annual Gauteng Big Band Festival. In addition to the Cape Town Big Band Jazz Festival, the organizers also host the annual marimba and steel pan band festivals.
In Cape Town alone last year, the festival had over 20 bands performing over four nights. Bands came from all over the Western Cape to perform. Bands like the Joseph’ Marist College Jazz Band, SACS Junior High School Jazz Band and Stellenbosch Youth Jazz Band all performed for the festival.
One thing these bands show every year is the immense level of talent that is out there. These musicians may young, but they play like professionals. It really is amazing that festivals like this exist. The impact to the local music scene is immeasurable!
Your Music Industry News!
- The Philharmonia Choir of Cape Town is collaborating with The Phenomenal Opera Voices to bring …Read More »
- All drummers will learn the basic Rudiments, but do you know how to incorporate them …Read More »
- Head on down to the Crypt this Winter! Here are the dates for gigs and …Read More »
- Do you know what The Most Recognisable Bass Riff Ever is? Your mind is probably …Read More »
- If you’re in the Centurion area and are looking for music education, then the Jean Village …Read More »