FREE Workshop: Live Miking – Basic to Complex
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 1, 2017
Calling all drummers who play live as well as all sound engineers who have drummers play in their venue! It’s time to upskill your miking techniques with our FREE Live Miking – Basic to Complex workshop presented by Patrick Dudgeon.
Yes, all you need to do to mic up a drum kit is put a mic in front of it, right? Or above it could work. But where specifically would you get the best tone? Would it be off axis or in the centre? Would you want one or two mics overhead? What about blending the tones of all your mics so that the drum kit has a balanced tone?
Bearing all that in mind, it is clear to see that there is a lot more to miking a drum kit than just sticking a mic in front of it. During this workshop, Patrick will guide you through the process of getting your kit properly miked up for live tone.
Where: Paul Bothner Music Plumstead
Shop G7 Richmond Center,
Main Road, Plumstead
When: 26 August 2017
What to Expect
During this workshop Patrick will specifically be looking at:
Basic mic theory
Starting with a good source
Assessing the needs of the show
Advanced acoustic theory
Multi mic drum setup
This is perfect for any drummer or sound engineer. Even if you’ve got heaps of experience in the field, you could learn a bit more about the styles and preferences of a professional in the field.
This will elevate how you approach miking drums to whole new level.
More About Patrick
Patrick has been a professional working musician since 2003. In the past almost 15 years he has worked Front of House on the mixing desk for some of the biggest festivals in and around South Africa.
He has also been playing and touring in bands for over 12 years. There are very few drummers who have this much experience on both sides of the desk. You are guaranteed to learn something from Patrick.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »