Free Drum Workshop with René Barthen
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | January 6, 2018
Cape Town drummers will have a unique opportunity to learn from an international drummer that has been described as one of Netherlands greatest drumming exports.
René Barthen will be touring Cape Town during January 2018 and will be presenting a once-off drum clinic at Paul Bothner Music in Plumstead. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an international drummer and clinician with over 30 years of professional experience.
When: Thursday 11 January 2018
Where: Paul Bothner Music Plumstead
Shop G7 Richmond Center
More Info: For more info call Digby on 021-761-4828 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
This free clinic is open to the public, but space is limited, so please arrive early to ensure a good seat.
Topics to be Covered
– Developing and Finding your Drum Sound
– Easy Hacks to Tuning your DrumKit
– Putting the “Fun” back into Practicing Fills, Rhythms and Rudiments
– Approach music in different kinds of styles; from Jazz to Funk, Soul & Rock.
About The Clinician:
René Barthen is a professional drummer from The Netherlands, who has built his professional career since the mid-eighties. He played for and performed with top international acts such as The Bootlegs, The Golden Earring, De Dijk & Cuby and Private Eye. With the band ‘Hurricane Joy” he recorded several top-selling albums while touring internationally.
He was further educated with masterclasses by the very best in the business: Dave Weckl, Simon Philips, Gregg Bissonette, Hans Eijkenaar, Fred Cohen and Cesar Zuiderwijk. He also became the main demonstrator and endorsing drummer for Pearl Benelux which he continued from 1992 until 2007. In addition, he has played on studio recordings in various national and international projects.
Currently, René is the drummer for the band the top European band “Superfly”, while seasoning for various international acts; while representing and endorsing most of the top international drumming brands.
His true passion though is teaching and sharing his knowledge and experience with fellow drummers.
- Why not give the gift of music? If you’ve never played an instrument before, buying Your First Instrument can be a daunting challenge. For some …
- If you’re looking to add a new element to your playing, you should consider adding a Roland SPD::ONE to your rig. This range of digital …
- If you’re looking for a Blues Festival that’s a little different, then you need to head south, all the way to the Deep South … …
- Ernie Ball has been making strings for well over 50 years, and in that time they’re refined and honed their craft. All of that experience …