Barry van Zyl
Drum Lessons at Paul Bothner Music Plumstead
Best known for his work with Johnny Clegg, Robert Plant, Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel and Alistair Andrews, drum master Barry van Zyl offers lessons at the Paul Bothner Music Plumstead Superstore. His training includes drumset and more generalized rhythm lessons, with guitars and other instruments. With 20 years of international touring experience and a honours graduate from the Musicians Institute, Hollywood, California, Barry is most definitely an awesome instructor.
- His teaching is for any style or level.
- This is not only drummers. For example a guitarist whom wants to work on rhythmic understanding/reading/groove playing would benefit.
- He focuses on a defined syllabus aimed towards a student’s choice of musical direction.
- He’s offering one-on-one lessons and lessons to small groups of two to three students.
- Pricing is R350 for one-on-one and R250 for group lessons.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 0825762647.
Click the link to see Barry perform
Barry van Zyl at Drumtech
More about Barry van Zyl
Since 1999 he’s been a member of the Johnny Clegg Band, with a major annual international touring schedule. These tours take in Western Europe , the UK , the USA , Canada and Australasia. Highlights include working with Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel, Robert Plant, Brian May, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Jimmy Buffet and Oliver Mtukudzi.
www.water-sound.com is the link to Barry’s music production business along with partners Zaheer Goodman-Bhyat and James Stewart. Water produced the soundtrack to the movie ‘Skeem’ which was released internationally, in late in 2011. Barry has also co-produced world music projects, with double Grammy winner Robin Hogarth, and has had numerous international album releases.
Besides this legacy, his group ‘AFRIC’ is an exciting Celtic/African collaboration with Barry, Fiachna O’Braonain of the Hothouse Flowers and Robin Hogarth.
Barry is endorsed by Zildjian cymbals, DW Drums and stick manufacturer Vic Firth