DV Village Music Bloemfontein Drum Off 2018
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 7, 2018
This will be the 4th installment this year and it is a very popular competition for Drummers in Bloemfontein pulling a lot of support from friends and family with each year growing in size and popularity.
When: 20 August 2018
Where: DV Village Music Bloemfontein
Shop 5, Victorian Square
C/O 2nd Avenue & President Reitz Street
How to Enter:
Complete a “DV’s SOLO Drum Off 2018” entry form before (or on) 20 August 2018. Forms are available in store.
Judges and Judging Criteria:
All contestants will be judged by independent judges, who have significant experience in:
– Performing drum/percussion
– Teaching drum percussion
– Drumming/percussion skills
– Substantial knowledge of and/or experience in the music industry.
Judging will be based on the judges’ personal subjective interpretation of the following criteria:
– Overall performance
– Originality and creativity
– Stage presence
– Groove.By participating in the contest, all contestants agree that the decision of the judges is binding and final
*No purchase necessary to enter or win
A purchase will NOT improve your chance to win.
Rules and Limitations:
No rules! Contestants are ONLY limited by their creativity and ability.
Open to all styles/genres and ages.
Participants have 3 mins in which to impress the judges and show off their skill.
A standard 5piece drumkit will be supplied at the event on which to perform.
Contestants must enter and compete in the category of their age.
Each category are limited to a maximim of 8 contestants.
There are no preliminary rounds and entries work on a “first come” basis.
Judges decision is final.
- One of the highlights of the Cape Town music scene is the annual Kirstenbosch Gardens Summer Concerts. Every year many of our friends take part …
- Karen Zoid is one of the only musicians in South Africa to achieve critical acclaim for both English AND Afrikaans music. Because of this she …
- In the last few years, the humble ukulele has become one of the top-selling instruments in South Africa. They sound good, are incredibly portable, and …
- . After an absence of more than 30 years, Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse and his band will be returning to the Baxter for a one-night celebration. …