DV Village Music Bloemfontein Drum Off 2018
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 7, 2018
This will be the 4th installment this year and it is a very popular competition for Drummers in Bloemfontein pulling a lot of support from friends and family with each year growing in size and popularity.
When: 20 August 2018
Where: DV Village Music Bloemfontein
Shop 5, Victorian Square
C/O 2nd Avenue & President Reitz Street
How to Enter:
Complete a “DV’s SOLO Drum Off 2018” entry form before (or on) 20 August 2018. Forms are available in store.
Judges and Judging Criteria:
All contestants will be judged by independent judges, who have significant experience in:
– Performing drum/percussion
– Teaching drum percussion
– Drumming/percussion skills
– Substantial knowledge of and/or experience in the music industry.
Judging will be based on the judges’ personal subjective interpretation of the following criteria:
– Overall performance
– Originality and creativity
– Stage presence
– Groove.By participating in the contest, all contestants agree that the decision of the judges is binding and final
*No purchase necessary to enter or win
A purchase will NOT improve your chance to win.
Rules and Limitations:
No rules! Contestants are ONLY limited by their creativity and ability.
Open to all styles/genres and ages.
Participants have 3 mins in which to impress the judges and show off their skill.
A standard 5piece drumkit will be supplied at the event on which to perform.
Contestants must enter and compete in the category of their age.
Each category are limited to a maximim of 8 contestants.
There are no preliminary rounds and entries work on a “first come” basis.
Judges decision is final.
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …