Drum Miking Techniques for Dynamic Sound
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 16, 2017
Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? Join Tim Rankin as he explores Drum Miking Techniques for Dynamic Sound.
Tone Tone Tone. That’s what it’s all about. If you are a great player with poor tone, then that’s all people will remember. But, tone comes from more than just your kit. It comes from the mics you use and how you place and setup the mics. Join us so that you can learn Drum Miking Techniques for Dynamic Sound.
Where: Paul Bothner Music Somerset West
Shop 16, Checkers Centre
c/o Main & Gordons Street
When: Saturday 19 August
What to expect
During this workshop, Tim will specifically look at:
Tuning the drums effectively for presence and pitch
Mic placement and mic choice
Studio tricks and techniques
Live tricks and techniques
This is the perfect workshop for anyone who hasn’t got a lot of live or studio experience. Even if you’ve played live a lot and have a good grasp on live miking, there will be things you can learn which will help you in the studio. And visa versa.
This is also the perfect workshop for sound engineers. You can learn from a massively experienced drummer and implement his tricks and techniques when miking bands in your venue. This will ensure that your venue’s live tone will be a cut above the rest!
More about Tim
Tim Rankin has a CV that most professional musicians would love to have. He’s played with and recorded with some of the top artists in South Africa. From Karen Zoid and Bed on Bricks to Albert Frost, Steve Louw and William Welfare.
Being a session musician, and going from band to band, genre to genre is a tough ask, and Tim is a pro at it. When it comes to the skill set required to move from stage to studio, Tim Rankin has some unique insight. This workshop is not to be missed.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »
- If you’re a ‘lefty’ guitar or bass player, you’re in great company! And you’re in …Read More »