It’s Time For The 100th Annual Darling Wildflower Show
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | September 13, 2017
The Darling Wildflower show turns 100 this year. With great bands playing on each day of the show this is sure to be a centennial to remember..
It celebrates an integral part of the Cape Fynbos Kingdom comprised of Renosterveld, Rietveld, Sandveld, and Strandveld where more than 1200 different species of flowers can be found.
This year’s show will be the 100th event, the Centenary Show! The display will focus on the Wildflower Society’s development through the past 100 years as well as the Herbarium project.
The Flower Show will offer a variety of activities to entertain young and old.
There will be a range of live music during each day of the Darling Wildflower Show. You can expect to see the likes of Klassik Musiek, Nedine Blom, Petra Mans Artist, Jimm Harisson Project, the local Darling Music For All – DMA music school, and many more! [Click here for the full lineup]
Your ticket includes entry to:
• The Landscaped Hall depicting the flowers of the area in their natural habitat,
• An orchid display by Orchid Creations Darling by Trisha,
• A free ride on a tractor-drawn wagon to see the pristine wetland at Oude Post, which is not normally accessible to the public and may only be visited during the Show,
• A Craft & Gourmet Food Market,
• Safe and secure parking for vehicles,
• Free WiFi supplied by Fox Wireless at the festival venue.
This year you can also look forward to a range of workshops:
• Prof Peter Linder (currently residing in Zürich, Switzerland) will be doing two workshops called “Reeds In The Sandveld”, of which one will take place in the veld and the other at the Darling Club.
• “Tussie Mussie” workshops by Karen Moyle from Flowers on the Stoep: 16 & 17 Sep, 10-11am @ R300pp. Only 10 people per session.
• Khwattu San will be doing kids’ and family workshops about fynbos and its links to traditional San culture and their heritage.
• A talk by Simply Bee Natural Beeswax Products about bees and the importance of their conservation, at the entertainment tent on Friday, 15 Sep.
• And more!
Show Dates 14-17 September 2017
Thursday – Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00;
Sunday: 09:00 – 15:00
Venue Darling Golf Club, Jacaranda Street, Darling
Tickets Can be purchased online via www.quicket.co.za
Pensioners: R40 (Thu & Fri only)
Kids 13 years & younger: Free
- It’s the start of the year and many of you have just started heading back to work and could do with one last blow out. …
- Since 2012, Spoegwolf has been the face of alternative Afrikaans music, and for good reason. As one reviewer put it: “With their thought-provoking lyrics and …
- It’s coming into December and your budget is tight. Does that mean you need to stay home and count your change? Not anymore! The Concerts …
- Known and respected for its world-class hospitality, The Franschhoek Cellar will now also offer patrons premium live entertainment! The Franschhoek Cellar boasts an array of state …