Creating “Outside The Box”
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | August 7, 2018
All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel like your drumming isn’t going anywhere, then you need to learn how to think outside the box.
But where do you start? If you don’t have any guidance, will you even know what out the box means? During this workshop, Georg will teach you the fundamentals of playing outside the confines of your comfort zone.
Where: Jean Village Music Centurion
Shop 3 Jean Village Shopping Centre
Corner Jean Avenue & Gerhard Street
When: 18 August
What to expect:
- The drumming path from beginner to advanced
- Explore going beyond just laying down a groove
- Developing creative drum parts
- Finding your voice as a drummer
- What is improvisation really?
More about Georg
“Georg has worked with an award winning UK band and recorded on a Mercury Music Prize (UK) nominated album. An artist in his own right his debut album Bach to Me features world renowned guest musicians. A leading expert on drum education he has prepared students for qualifications up to degree level. Georg holds two Licentiates in Music Performance and Teaching gained with Distinction. He has performed at drum events with Marco Minnemann, Jojo Mayer and Dom Famularo. His book ‘Rhythm of the Head’ is endorsed by Carl Palmer, Bill Bruford and Virgil Donati.
- One of the highlights of the Cape Town music scene is the annual Kirstenbosch Gardens Summer Concerts. Every year many of our friends take part …
- Karen Zoid is one of the only musicians in South Africa to achieve critical acclaim for both English AND Afrikaans music. Because of this she …
- In the last few years, the humble ukulele has become one of the top-selling instruments in South Africa. They sound good, are incredibly portable, and …
- . After an absence of more than 30 years, Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse and his band will be returning to the Baxter for a one-night celebration. …