Cort Action V 5-String Bass Guitar
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | June 7, 2017
Are you looking for a great quality 5-string bass that won’t cost you the world? Then the Cort Action V is the perfect solution! The action V is ideal for your first bass. In addition, if you already have a bass and are looking for a 5-string, then this is the most cost effective solution you will find.
For all the specs on the Cort Action V, be sure to check out their website.
If you’re not sure if you should go the Cort Action V route, I’ll list a few of the pros and cons of each option.
The 5-string bass adds a low B string. If you have been considering a 5 string bass, there is a good chance you already know that. So how exactly does an extra low B help you?
Bass guitars are tuned in equal intervals. So, unlike a guitar, your shapes will stay the same regardless of how many strings you have on the bass. Because of this, learning to play the 5-string bass has a relatively low learning curve.
As a result of this, you will be able to almost instantly improve your range in a single box shape. Now you won’t need to search a new position to get a lower note when you need it. Depending on the scale you are playing, you will give yourself up to 3 extra bass notes per position.
5-string bass guitars are normally much heavier than their 4-string counterparts. You might not feel the weight (or care that it is heavier) at first, but once you’ve been playing for 30 min or more that extra weight becomes very noticeable.
This is easily countered by having a good quality, wide, strap. A wider strap will distribute the weight better and allow the bass to hang in a more comfortable way. Despite this, the extra weight will still be noticeable after a while.
Your Music Industry News!
- There is more to percussion that just keeping time. Every percussion instrument has a different …Read More »
- What steps are you taking when Ensuring Consistent and Solid Tone? Most musicians have different …Read More »
- Laney 50th Anniversary and the Launch Of The LA100BL Apart from ushering in five decades …Read More »
- Do you know how to get the best live or recorded tone from your kit? …Read More »
- Get your FREE Gifts from Fender this August! From lunchboxes to T-Shirts and caps, and …Read More »