Be a church musician, not the church drummer
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 9, 2018
A good drummer can keep time like a metronome; a great drummer knows how music works. If you want to reach the top of your drumming game, it’s imperative first to understand the basics of musicianship.
During this FREE Ministry Month workshop, Thapelo Mofokeng will be discussing what it takes to be a church musician, not the church drummer. This workshop will benefit drummers of all levels who are trying to hone their skills and who aspire to one day be one of the greats.
Where: DV Village Music Bloemfontein
Shop 5, Victorian Square
C/O 2nd Avenue & President Reitz Street
When: 19 May 2018
Time: 12 am
What to Expect
- Understanding counting and time keeping
- Dynamic drumming
- Listening is a skill
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
More about the clinician
Besides being a session musician, Thapelo Mofokeng the drumkit and keyboard teacher, as well as the and sound technology lecturer at Damelin in Bloemfontein. Thapelo has over 13 years of experience in the music industry.
Not only has he got a B-Tech in Jazz & Popular Music from the Tshwane University of Technology, he has also performed alongside giants like Tom Knific, Mlungisi Gegana, Kevin Davidson, Dr Roland Moses, Dr Mageshen Naidoo and Bloemfontein’s very own Andile Qongqo
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- . Do you want to stand in line to win a pair of Mackie MP-120 in-ear monitors? Of course you do! Fill in the form …
- . Music Exchange (MEX18), celebrates its 8th anniversary. MUSIC EXCHANGE (#MEX18), South Africa’s only entertainment-economy-focused conference, returns to Cape Town for the eighth time from …
- . All drummers run the risk of playing the same thing over and over again, without pushing boundaries or trying anything new. If you feel …
- . There is a misconception that if you become a good musician, that people will want to hire you. However, if you really want to …