Anything Goes Guitar Competition 2017
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | October 24, 2017
Guitar Frenzy 2017 is here, and that can mean only one thing… It is time for the THIRD annual Anything Goes Guitar Competition! Last year guitarist from all around Bloemfontein signed up to battle it out, to determine who was worthy of the grand prize!
Do you have what it take to win the 2017 title? If so, enter in-store today!
Venue and Date:
DV Village Music Bloemfontein
Competition Date: Monday 27 November
Entries Close: Saturday 25 November 13:00
This year, the format for the anything goes competition is exactly the same as last year. So the competition is open to acoustic guitarists and electric guitarists.
So no matter if you’re into folk guitar strumming or want to demonstrate your metal riffs, there is a category for you!
Both categories have a junior division as well as an open division. The junior division is open to all guitarists who are under 16 on the night of the competition. The open division is open to all guitarists aged 16 and up.
Prizes – Junior Divisions
Both the electric and acoustic junior division winners will receive:
One set of Ernie Ball guitar strings
R250 DV Village Music Voucher
Winners Certificate and bragging rights for a year!
Prizes – Open Division
Both the electric and acoustic open division winners will receive:
Three sets of Ernie Ball guitar strings
R500 DV Village Music Voucher
Winners trophy and bragging rights for a year!
Rules and Limitations
- Anything Goes!
- Any genre, any style. Do you want to showcase your newest piece, or play a cover of your favorite song? Do you want to shred over a backing track or blow everyone’s hair back with huge chugging riffs? What about a jazz standard with a burning solo or a traditional classical piece?Then play it! Anything Goes!
- Three min time limit
- No matter what you play, you will have three minutes to show your stuff.
- Solo Performances
- This competition is looking for the best solo guitarist, so you won’t be allowed to bring your band along. One guitarist, 3minutes. That’s all you have
- No Vocals
- No vocals will be allowed. Again, the aim to find the best solo guitarist!
- Judges Decision is Final
- Each contestant will be judged according to originality, style, and technical ability. The judge’s decision will be final
- Limited Entry
- Entry to each category is limited to 8 participants. Slots are given away on a first come first entered basis. So, if you want to participate, get down to your nearest DV Village Music store today!
DV Village Music Bloemfontein
For more info on the winners of the Anything Goes Guitar Competition from 2015, [click here]
- What happens when you take three accomplished musicians and put them in the same band? You get something remarkable, something like coffee and Ouma’s Rusks, …
- The incredibly versatile DAW from Presonus that has been winning over musicians and producers with each successive release. Presented by Alistair Andrews, our Resident Studio …
- SECRETS, the American post-hardcore band from San Diego will be coming to South Africa on tour this month. As part of their tour, and in …
- As a musician, a metronome is one of the essential tools in your practicing arsenal. To be frank, if you are not regularly practicing with a …