An Introduction to House of Worship Sound Reinforcement
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | May 15, 2018
Presented by our resident in-house sound reinforcement experts in conjunction with Mackie South Africa.
Where: Centurion Branch
When: 19 May 2018
The objective of this workshop is to equip the average, part-time sound engineer with the basic knowledge to properly operate and tackle the common problems which face the majority of sound reinforcement systems.
What to Expect
No jargon “fit for purpose” easy to understand approach and presentation.
- The inner workings of audio interfaces, such as phenomena like line signals, low and high impedance signals, power and other signal characteristics
- Understand the different type of microphone
- Understand microphone technique
- Understand microphone characteristics such as frequency responses
- Understand loudspeaker cables and the required size (AWG)
- Understand system gain structure for optimal signal-to-noise ratio
- How to match audio power amplifiers to loudspeakers Monitors
- Basic Troubleshooting on typical Audio Systems
- Understanding the functionality of a typical audio power amplifier
- Understand the operational and mixing techniques of typical audio mixing
- An equalization strategy that gets at what you can fix, and avoids “over equalizing” the sound system
- How to properly setup PA systems
- Troubleshooting, basic maintenance and care
- The do’s and don’ts: What to avoid and how to not blow you PA system.
- . When it comes to microphones, it is imperative that you select the right microphone for the job. Using the wrong mic is like using …
- . The 13th edition of Rocking the Daisies is just around the corner. To all our friends who are playing at or attending the festival, …
- . This workshop is aimed all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to improve their soloing chops. Do you feel at though your …
- . Since its launch, the Mapex Prodigy kit has become one of the most popular entry-level drum kits on the market – and for good …