Achieving great church sound on a tight budget
By PAUL BOTHNER MUSIC | April 29, 2018
There’s more to live sound than plugging microphones into a desk and hoping you can get the balance that you’re looking for. If you don’t know what you’re doing it can take years of practice to get that perfect tone. And if your church is on a tight budget, as many are, it can seem like a rather daunting task.
During this FREE Ministry Month workshop, Tony Drake will guide you through some of the more nuanced details of achieving great church sound on a tight budget.
Where: Pau Bothner Music Claremont
Shop PO 01, Stadium on Main
Corner Central & Hawthorne Road
When: 12 May 2018
What Tony will talk about
- The bare-bones gear that you’ll need and venue size issues
- Mixer tricks and hacks
- Getting a clean mix when there are multiple instruments
- The beginner’s basics for all sound engineers
- Cost-saving tips
Do you want to stay in the loop about other FREE workshops at Paul Bothner Music? Then be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. You can also take a look at the rest of our Ministry Month Workshops [here].
More about the clinician
Tony is the sound engineer at the Kaleidoscope Church. He is a professional musician, composer, arranger, and producer and has been active in the South African music industry for over 35 years.
In addition, he has recorded over 200 albums and worked with Andre de villiers, Rocking Horse, Zain Adams, and Heinz Winckler to name a few.
If you have any questions, why not drop us a mail?
- . Cape Town’s metal titans Zombies Ate My Girlfriend have revealed the artwork for their new album Shun the Reptile. Set for release on the …
- . This workshop is aimed at all bass players, guitarists or other instrumentalists who want to improve their soloing chops. Do you feel as though …
- Join us for the Grand Opening of our new updated Instore Fender Hubs! You are invited to join us in celebrating the official Grand Opening …
- No matter what style of music you play, you can always learn something new from a classically trained master. If you feel like your playing …